Friday, January 09, 2004

Objects in the rear-view mirror are closer than they appear

And they get much closer really quick when you signal to move into their lane.

Welcome back to Singapore?

Being on the road is the most telling indicator that I'm back home. For the last two weeks I'd been driving on the streets and highways around Las Vegas. And no matter how crowded the road seemed to be, as long as I flipped the indicator, the car on the next lane would slow down and give way. In a matter of seconds I'd be on the next lane, cruising down my intended exit.

Cut over to Queensway, where I'm on the middle of three lanes, and spot my turn-off coming up. Flip the left signal, and a convoy of cars blazes down the left lane, completely obliterating my chances of getting out. But the right lane is perfectly clear.

Geez.

Welcome home. Yeah, sure is great to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home