Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Recuperation

Saturday's nagging sniffles turned into Monday's full-blown flu, replete with throat-cleansing coughs and aches in various body sections. The medicine knocked me out flat; I'm usually fairly resilient to drugs that cause drowsiness, but I spent the whole of Monday afternoon in bed, drifting in and out of a dazed slumber.

J told me, in no uncertain terms, how "happy" she was to also share my 2 sick days at home. Bleah.

Pengerang, Johor
Went on a food/photo trip organized by Stanley and Joanne to Pengerang on Saturday. Apart from the traveling and delays at immigration, it was all good. Great food and good company, with five very sporting lady models to shoot. I didn't do so well on the photography front, though. After a self-review, I felt that most of my photos were rather flat and uninteresting, lacking in creativity. Still plenty of room for improvement.

Note to self: bring more snacks and plenty of water next time.

In retrospect
Snapped this shot from Out of the Pan on Sunday:

spotlights at the Raffles City basement fountain
Lights, action.. camera?

I realized that to get the "star" effect from spotlights in the scene, I need to stop the aperture down as low as possible - missed several good opportunities during the Pengerang outing as I was shooting mostly at wide-open apertures with a tele lens.

In terms of photographic skill, I've still got a long way to go. Mada mada dane, ka? Guess I won't be giving up my day job anytime soon.

2 Comments:

At 11/12/06 4:19 PM, Blogger lovejade said...

Hi,

i would like to organise a trip there for seafood lunch. Do u think you can provide some guide on how to get there?

For example, after taking the ferry, will there be cabs waiting there? how much will it cost to take cab to Pengerang? i noe that people take cab to cycle to Pengerang. How much will it cost to take cab bicyle rental place? if we would like to cycle, would u advice for someone who have not been there to cycle there? is the town very big? How do we find out place?

Are are able to provide me with contacts of people who can advise too? thankz. would appreciate your help.

 
At 12/12/06 5:10 PM, Blogger varf said...

i didn't have a hand in organizing the trip, so can't really help you with the details. sorry about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home