Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Just shoot me

I must have been daydreaming while doing my domain name transfers.

The new registrar which I'd wanted to transfer to has a much better service/price offering than the old one. Domain A still had some time to go, but domains B and C would lapse on June 15th. Of the two fast-expiring domains, I'd wanted to transfer domain B and was still considering whether to keep C or not.

But in my confusion, I transferred domains A and C instead, and consequently, domain B - one of the important ones - lapsed today. Which I painfully discovered when I tried to access the site.

D'oh!!

Panicking, I hastily renewed the domain name with the (more expensive) old registrar. Paid them for another overpriced year. :(

I think I should do the transfer anyway once the renewal is done and the site is back online. Hopefully the new registrar's free 1-year extension offer will still be available then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home