Monday, August 09, 2004

Relaxing is hard work

Went swimming Saturday afternoon, then to a housewarming party. On Sunday, brought J out for dim sum lunch at Lei Garden, then scooted off for the rest of the afternoon to Pulau Ubin for a photoshoot. Today, we rushed down to Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City to enjoy the National Day 20% storewide discount offer, (finally) grabbing GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire and a complete Hitchhiker's Guide, then went to Skip's to enjoy the NDP fireworks. And managed to break a knob on my cheapo tripod head, rendering it fairly useless.

After a long weekend of unwinding, I am dead beat.

I am so not going back to Spagheddies at Paragon, their chicken Caesar's salad was just terrible. (J reminded me that I'd said the same thing about the Tanglin Mall outlet a couple of years back. Bleh. Me and my awful memory.)

A self-critique of Sunday's photoshoot yielded 85 good frames, 69 rejected frames and 22 frames of random miscellany (photos of trees and camping tents). Objectively, that's a dismal percentage of usable shots. :(

Here's one shot that I liked from the series, resized and auto-contrast'd (click here for the non-corrected version). No sharpening done, EXIF info should be intact:

silhouette of model against sunset
Sunset silhouette

Will try to find time to get the rest of the photos uploaded. I'm thinking maybe I should set up a pbase.com account, we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home