Friday, July 30, 2004

Bought bought bought

I moseyed down to Peninsula to check out the camera stuff that I was eyeing. Ended up trying the Canon EF 35mm f/2 prime, which was tempting - I definitely want this lens! But I hadn't done price research yet, so I held off forking out the quoted price of S$475 for it.

Picked up the following items instead:

MAHA charger, Sto-fen omnibounce OM-C, 4x 2300mAh sanyo batteries
From top left, clockwise: MAHA MH-C401FS battery charger, Sanyo 2300mAh rechargeable batteries, Sto-fen Omnibounce OM-C (fits Sigma 500 DG Super flashgun)

While searching for more info on the 35mm f/2 lens, to my horror, I came across this thread on ClubSnap posted about a week ago, saying that the lens has been discontinued (!!). What's more, further down in the thread, the piece that I tested today is rumoured to be the last available piece, and has been somewhat mistreated. I don't think I want to take the risk with that piece now.

I'm just hoping that kenghor is going to make his order for the lens from the US, so that I can piggyback on it - I'm really very keen on getting this lens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home