Sunday, July 25, 2004

50mm Lunchtime with Baby K

Here's one of my favourite models - she's charming, chirpy and challenging to photograph. Used the 50mm f/1.8 lens the whole time at fairly wide apertures, since the IS (Image Stabilizer) on my 28-135mm doesn't help when what I need is speed. Baby K likes to pose at 1/125s. :)

first 3-photo montage of Baby K

second 3-photo montage of Baby K

Baby K wearing mummy's shades on her head

Shooting kids at low shutter speeds gets you nowhere fast if the kids are lively and active. Really frustrating. Tripods and IS are great for still shots, but simply hopeless when the subject is moving fast and unpredictably. Now I'm sorely tempted to get a few more wide-aperture prime lenses for low light indoor shots.

Anyone willing to sponsor me?

Guess not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home