Monday, February 16, 2004

Fazed

Haven't updated lately, been either too lazy or too tired to sit down and type. Housework, family lunches, wedding dinners, more housework, household shopping, grocery shopping, you get the idea.

Strained my neck yesterday. It hurts to glance over the shoulder, had hell trying to park the car. I've been home the whole day, trying to get some rest. At least, that was the intent.

I've just discovered exactly how difficult it is to keep the head in any kind of comfortable position while trying to fold clothes. And the sheets kept getting caught by the wind, knocking the whole laundry-pole-and-stand contraption to the ground. Several times. Ever tried picking up a couple of poles still laden with wet sheets? Not my idea of a peaceful day.

Still, my neck does seem to feel less sore than this morning; it doesn't hurt quite as much but I still have to turn my head slo-w-l-y.

Fazed, Part II
One of my friends at work got laid off. Which wasn't altogether surprising, seeing how management foci in recent months have been on trimming costs and squeezing headcount from rocks. What was surprising, was the manner in which it was executed.

Oops, dinner. I'll get back to this in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home