Friday, June 18, 2004

Outdoor shoot photos - posted!

As promised, I've put up what I think were my better photos out of the 100+ shots that I took during the outdoor shoot on June 6th.

Click on the photo below to view my album:
model photo

The album is hosted on Photobucket.com, which I'm trying out for the first time. Not too bad for a free service, considering that I'm allowed to hotlink images on pages outside of their site, like the one above. Of course, the interface and features could be better, but I shouldn't be complaining since I was too lazy to set up a photo gallery on my site. :P

EXIF is fun!
Found these two handy photo tools for Windows while doing a search for EXIF-aware image-browsing programs.

The EXIF Image Viewer is a tiny download, possessing excellent functionality in a small package (you need to have the mfc42.dll and msvcp60.dll runtime files installed, not a problem in XP). Fast and good-quality thumbnailing and image loading, comparable to ACDSee. Comprehensive EXIF header extraction, presets for Canon and Nikon EXIF information, and a well-designed, if simple, viewer interface.

And the EXIF InfoTip shell extension comes in really helpful while navigating folders and folders of photos with Windows Explorer.

Kudos to Michal Kowalski for developing such good freeware!

Photoshop note
Something I picked up while searching for EXIF-related stuff - Photoshop versions 5.5 and before will discard EXIF information when saving JPEGs. So be sure to use 6.0 and later, and do a Save As... instead of Save for web if you want to keep the EXIF headers. I kept the EXIF info intact for the outdoor shoot photos, so you can check that if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home