Thursday, January 27, 2005

Just gotta have protection

I'd been hunting around for an affordable silicon protective case for the O2 Mini, since as soon as the phone comes out of its faux-leather case, the back of the phone is exposed to scratchy stuff like table tops, fingernails and my wedding band (ouch). Keith mentioned that he'd purchased his own Mini's silicon protector (casing only) for $25 at a shop in Sim Lim, so off I went to hunt for one.

After a few rounds of searching and rejecting prices in excess of $30, I was about to give up when Gadgetboy spotted a shop on the top floor that I had missed previously. Even better - they had the version to which you could attach a clear plastic screen flap! The salesperson was friendly, and after some jovial haggling I picked up two silicon cases ($33 each) and two plastic screen guards ($15 each) for $88. Not as cheap as I'd have liked, but not as expensive as the other shops, either.


Protected!

The whole thing fits snugly into the faux-leather casing too, quite the bonus.

Maybe I'll finally end up using a PDA-type device for more than two weeks this time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home