Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Fab desktop fun

Yahoo! recently announced the purchase of Konfabulator, and released a completely free version to the public, which we've been fiddling around with for the last couple of days. It's like putting a layer over your desktop, on which you can add useful (and some useless) mini-applications called widgets. Works on both Mac and Windows.

I have several active widgets on my desktop at the moment - a calendar widget, an analog clock widget, a stock ticker widget, a floating "where is it?" search box configured for quick access to Yahoo! Search, and a picture frame that pulls new photos from the main flickr photostream every minute or so.

Still looking for a good RSS reader widget. I found several in the widget gallery but none of them seem to do what I want. Guess I could look into modifying one of the existing widgets, but that's only if I can find the time. Maybe next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home