Friday, January 16, 2004

How much is that 70-200mm 2.8L IS USM in the window? (woof woof)

Every time I read the ClubSnap forums, I get this uncontrollable urge to check out the prices of new lenses for my 300D.

There's this one post in the forum that keeps getting updated with the latest quote prices, but I can never remember where to find it or what to search for, and I keep spending quite a bit of time trying to locate it. So I've finally bookmarked it: SLR/DSLR Lens Price Reference Guide.

Hah. Ten years of internet experience, my ass. Took a while to remember bookmarks, din'cha?

These few years I've been behind the curve on equipment spending. My trusty Nokia 8250 has been with me for a good 3 years, and will probably still be in use for the foreseeable future. Up to the point where I find a reliable replacement, anyway - recent phones all seem to suck. I've tried to use a PDA thrice, and have given up within a week each time - won't fit comfortably in my jeans pocket. No wireless stuff, no portables. I'm planning on missing the entire Bluetooth wave.

But, now that I've picked up (been given, actually) a new SLR, I've been entranced by the siren song of Another Great Lens And Other Assorted Accessories. I want a new 300mm prime lens, a Sigma 180mm f/3.5 macro lens, a decent Bogen tripod and monopod, a 550EX SpeedLite flash, a 1.4x Teleconverter, and especially that 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM lens, nevermind that it's 1.2kg on its own, and looks like a white elephant (in all ways).

Help, I've fallen and I can't get up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home