Monday, October 18, 2004

Murphy's home

I survived an earthquake and a typhoon over the past two weeks in Japan.

Granted, the pretty minor earthquake struck at 2am and I was sound asleep. It did wake J up though, who attributed it to noisy neighbours.

The typhoon, regarded as the strongest to hit Japan this year, blew through Tokyo at 3pm; having landed in Tokyo from Hokkaido at 2+pm that day, we arrived to screaming winds and streaking near-horizontal rain. Not a pleasant experience by any measure.

I got back home on Thursday night. My PC booted up nicely on Friday; on Saturday the main hdd was dead. RMA time.. sigh.

Returned to work today. Since the de facto IT guy was on leave, four tech support issues struck fast and hard, ranging from the inane to the unbelievable.

Welcome home, Murphy.

I need another vacation already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home