Sunday, November 07, 2004

Over the weekend

looking through a paned window into the skeleton of the building being constructed opposite
Peeks

The building being constructed in the photo above goes right up to the wall of my office block. The din has been horrible over the past few months - earth-shaking piling, ear-splitting drilling, defibrillator-shock hammering, the works.

Ok, so the above photo was taken on Friday during lunch at Ma Maison and doesn't really belong to "the weekend". So shoot me. Ma Maison is one of a class of quality restaurants that I like but always forget about, especially when I need to make a recommendation. It's mentioned here for the record and gets a thumbs-up without any kind of review yet. Heh.

folded homemade greeting cards
Card pile

On Saturday, two friends came over to work on their wedding invite cards, all nicely rubber-stamped and embossed. J's handiwork - she really likes this stuff. Me, I'm just glad to see that her craft purchases are being put to good use.

raffles city tower, early evening
Smoke stack City

Doesn't Raffles city look like an orange chimney, spewing forth grey smoke? Blame my lack of imagination. Evening sun bathes everything in warm, golden light. (I know I should try shooting during sunrise/sunset timings more often, but I am just so lazy.) Saturday evening quickly turned into Saturday night, and I hurried to the Esplanade to join J, D&H and friends for dinner at Viamar.

After dinner, we rushed upstairs to catch Mamma Mia. Which I found utterly cheesy at the beginning, but on the whole was actually fairly well done. If you ignored the plot. And the corny and contrived set-ups that were put in place just to launch a particular number. Ultimately, it was enjoyable, but I wouldn't want to watch it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home