Monday, February 07, 2005

Curry crab + prata = yum!

We had dinner tonight at my uncle Yeo's place, all home-cooked stuff which I have no names for but tasted really good. I surprised my aunt and cousins by digging deep into the curry crab, since they've always known me to be a non- (actually, anti-) chilli person. But over the years I've developed a taste for prata curry and chilli crab, the not-too-spicy versions, at least. My aunt had forgotten to buy bread, but she did pull out a pretty mean (and fluffy) instant prata for me to soak curry with. :)


Dusk view from uncle Yeo's flat

You could tell that everyone at the table was a true blue Singaporean crab-eater by the speed at which the crabs' bodies were snapped up, leaving a whole stack of pincers. Inevitably, the conversation flowed over to good crab restaurant recommendations, which somehow ended up being a reservation at Mellben for the same group of people tomorrow night (well, later tonight since it's past midnight now). More crabs! Dad's feeling pretty apprehensive about tomorrow's Sri Lankan crabs though, because of the tsunami-seafood poisoning scares.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home