Saturday, February 05, 2005

Home alone

J's in the States for a business trip, so I've been left to my own devices for two weekends, after which I'll fly up to join her.

Woke up late this morning, and spent quite a bit of time wondering where to go for lunch and after, searching for places I'd heard of but never been to like Colbar (search result: presumed closed).

I'm hopeless when it comes to deciding where to eat, which is why I usually end up having fast food when alone. McD's last night, and today's lunch too - but that's because I wanted to play with the free WiFi connection + O2 Mini. Mother, in her infinite wisdom, has arranged dinner for both nights this weekend with family, so I've been spared two potential junk-food meals. Thanks Mom! ^.^

After lunch I figured I would go take photos of John's soccer boys during their training session, but it turned out that they have a big game tomorrow morning and would be resting today. Oh well.

In the end, I took a rather pleasant photo-walk around the Joo Chiat area. It feels strange that I actually grew up around the East side but haven't really seen much of it for myself - well today that changed a little bit, and I'm glad I took the time to. Will probably put some photos up at the usual place later.

Got home and took my first swim for the year today. I haven't been exercising for ages; it feels really good now that I've more or less recovered from last year-end's bad spell.

And I've decided to be lazy and start bringing laundry back to Mom's for washing.

Speaking of which, I'm late for dinner, gonna scoot.

Parting photo from two days ago:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home