Sunday, February 13, 2005

Quick bite: Sarpino's Pizzeria

Sarpino's pizza is much better than Pizza Hut's (although that could also be said of most pizzerias, cafés and street hawker stalls). There's one nearby at Eastpoint Mall but I happened to try the one at East Coast Road.

The crust was brown and crispy on the outside and still chewy on the inside, but most importantly, didn't have a texture like week-old rags. Cheese and pizza sauce were on the heavy side, and halfway through my Canadian Classic pizza I wished that I'd ordered something with more greens - a bit jelak after three slices.

Definitely not as good as the discs from Sistina's, but at least I don't have to go all the way down to fight for parking lots at Chip Bee Gardens.

Places left for me to try on the Singapore pizza trail: Spizza, Pizza Taglio, Cantina, Fuenti and Pizza-da Donato. Why aren't any of these in the East :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home